Elastic Telemetry Privacy Statement Supplement
Effective Date: May 18, 2018
Elastic welcomes your interest in our company, products, and services. This document is our "Telemetry Privacy Statement Supplement." It supplements our Elastic Privacy Statement with additional details relating to Products and Service usage data that we may collect from you.
Elastic Stack Product Usage Data
Elastic may collect product usage data from you for the purposes of research and innovation, managing your user experience, and to provide personalized communications and/or advertising to you in accordance with your privacy preferences settings.
If you consent to sharing cluster statistics with Elastic by clicking on the opt-in link in the Kibana banner, or setting xPackMonitoring:allowReport to true and xPackMonitoring:showBanner to false from within Kibana's advanced settings menu, we will collect information regarding your Elasticsearch cluster, the systems upon which it is running, and the systems from which your users access your Elasticsearch cluster using Kibana. This information is used by Elastic to improve the Elastic Stack and to help us provide better service and support to you.
This information may include the following data that may be deemed personal data:
- IP addresses of user systems from which Kibana is accessed via browser
- License information
- License Unique ID
We use the above collected personal data for the following purposes:
- To identify the geographic region where Kibana is being used to include in our global usage statistics
- For such other uses as are described in our Elastic Privacy Statement, but only in those cases where the personal data is identifiable to an individual who has consented to such use.
- Cluster information, including:
- Elastic Stack version
- License information
- License UID
- Cluster name
- Installed plug-ins
- Browser information including:
- IP Address (of the machines from which the browser was used to access to Kibana)
- Browser type and version
- Referrer string
- User_agent string
- Cluster usage information, including:
- Usage of X-Pack Security Features, including details about authentication usage and counts, but not credentials
- Usage of X-Pack Reporting Features
- Usage of X-Pack Alerting Features
- Usage of X-Pack ML Features
- Usage of X-Pack Graph Features
- Usage of Cloud Provider
- Cluster statistics, including:
- Node count
- Node types
- Index statistics
- Shard statistics
- Segment statistics
- Document statistics
- Cluster system information, including:
- Operating system
- CPU number and type
- Memory details, including heap
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM) details
- Filesystem details
- Storage hardware type
- A unique ID that can be associated with your Elastic Cloud account
- Start, end dates, and duration of any Elastic Cloud trial account activity
- Non-personal Information about your account
- Number of Elastic Cloud Deployments associated with your account
- Number of Indices in your Elastic Cloud Deployments
- Geographic location of your access to Elastic Cloud
- Detailed information about your interaction with the product user interface
- Data you may enter into the system
- Your click history
- Your page view history
- Your IP address of the system from which you accessed the demonstration system
- In addition, a pseudonymized or anonymized representation of your IP address may be made visible to other users of the demonstration system as log data.
In Elastic Stack 6.3 or later, Kibana will allow the user to view, before opt-in, the actual data that would be sent to Elastic as part of this telemetry.
Information regarding your Elasticsearch cluster includes the following:
Elastic Cloud Product Usage Data
Elastic collects Elastic Cloud usage data from you for the purposes of research and innovation, managing your user experience, and to provide personalized communications and/or advertising to you.
When you use an Elastic Cloud trial or subscription account, we collect information about your use of the Elastic Cloud service.
Information regarding your Elastic Cloud usage includes the following:
Demo.elastic.co Demonstration Usage Data
Elastic collects demonstration system usage data from you for the purposes of research and innovation, managing your user experience, and to provide personalized communications and/or advertising to you.
When you use any demonstration or "playground" system available to you via our demo.elastic.co website, we collect detailed information about your usage of the demonstration system.
Information regarding your demonstration system usage includes the following: