Elastic Launches Elastic Cloud Enterprise (ECE)
Mountain View, Calif. and Amsterdam, The Netherlands - 31 May 2017
Elastic, the company behind Elasticsearch, and the Elastic Stack, the most widely used collection of open source products for solving mission-critical use cases like search, logging, and analytics, announces the general availability of Elastic Cloud Enterprise (ECE). This new product will enable organizations to centralize the management, monitoring, and provisioning of multiple Elastic Stack clusters; easily deploy X-Pack features such as security, alerting, monitoring, Graph, reporting, and machine learning; and run Elasticsearch, Kibana, and X-Pack on physical hardware, in a virtual environment, private cloud, in a private zone in a public cloud, or in a public cloud, such as, Google Cloud, Azure, or AWS.
“As organizations have the discovered the simplicity of our products to solve their most complex data challenges, they’ve moved from a few clusters to many single Elastic Stack environments,” said Shay Banon, Elastic Founder and CEO. “By distributing usage across clusters, use cases, and teams into a single deployment, ECE gives organizations the scale and control to manage hundreds of Elastic Stack deployments as one.”
ECE is part of Elastic’s vision to make complex things simple, and will allow organizations that adopt it to manage and scale-out their mission-critical deployments with a few clicks. By giving users and their organizations a single console and user interface, ECE simplifies provisioning, maintenance, and resource management; provides out-of-the-box security for every managed cluster for protecting an organization’s data and ensuring compliance; and automates processes, such as, cluster management, upgrades, and version control. Based on Elastic Cloud, and Elastic’s experience hosting and managing thousands of clusters over the past two years, ECE extends capabilities to organizations who want the control to manage their own Elastic Stack environments. It includes, the ability to:
- Create and deploy new Elastic Stack clusters;
- Orchestrate all the features of Elasticsearch, Kibana, and X-Pack from a single console;
- Scale clusters up (or down) based on data volumes;
- Turn on security features like authentication, role-based access control, and encryption;
- Host multiple versions of the Elastic Stack;
- Upgrade clusters to the latest versions via an intuitive admin interface;
- Monitor clusters and endpoints in a central dashboard;
- Offer search/logging/monitoring/security-as-a-service internally; and
- Establish a Elastic Center of Excellence across engineering, architecture, devops, IT security, and compliance teams.
- Elastic Cloud Enterprise (ECE) Product Page
- Elastic Cloud Enterprise (ECE) Blog
- Install Elastic Cloud Enterprise (ECE)
Elastic builds software to make data usable in real time and at scale for search, logging, security, and analytics use cases. Founded in 2012, the company develops the open source Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash), X-Pack (commercial features), and Elastic Cloud (a hosted offering). To date, there have been more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Backed by Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA with more than $100 million in funding, Elastic has a distributed workforce with more than 500 employees in 30 countries. Learn more at elastic.co.