Not for editing
1. Sponsor. Sponsor of this promotion (the "Contest") is Elasticsearch, Inc., 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350, Mountain View, CA 94040 USA.
2. No Purchase Necessary; Entry Instructions. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY MONEY IS NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period (as defined below) you must visit https://www.elastic.co/events/awards and follow the on-screen instructions (the "Instructions"), providing the requested information (collectively, the "Entry"). As part of the Contest and to comply with the Instructions, Entrant must describe its use of Elastic Stack and select one of the categories for its Entry. For all award categories other than Elastic Certified Professional of the Year, entrants to the Contest must be the company that owns the solution, not the company's employees, consultants or third-party developers in their individual capacities. One entry per person. ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE URL PROVIDED ABOVE OR EMAILED TO email@example.com; DO NOT POST ENTRIES ELSEWHERE ONLINE OR SEND SPONSOR A LINK TO AN ENTRY. All requested entry information must be provided. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email or addresses, accounts, identities, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Entry must be made from an employee's company email address. In the event of an ongoing dispute as to the identity of any entrant, Sponsor has the right to make determination as to entrant in its sole discretion.
All entries must be submitted for one of the following categories:
- Cause Award
- Recognizing organizations that are addressing social and humanitarian challenges for the betterment of the world.
- Business Transformation Award
- Recognizing organizations within each of Elastic's Solutions (Observability, Security, and Search) that are creating measurable, company-wide added value with long term viability.
- Solve with Search Award
- Recognizing organizations who are producing relevant insights inspiring strategic, results driven action.
- Innovation Award
- Recognizing organizations who are reimagining the way problems are approached, and tackling iterations head on to achieve innovative success.
- Public Sector Award
- Recognizing Public Sector organizations who are leading their sectors in innovative, sustainable, critical use cases.
- Elastic Certified Professional of the Year
- Recognizing one individual who has received their Elastic Certification then gone on to give back to the Elastic community and advance their personal and professional goals.
All entries must meet the following criteria:
- Entries must be original, exclusively created and owned by entrant, and the entrant must have all rights necessary to submit the Entry.
Entries may not contain material that is obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or violate any law. Entries must be appropriate for viewing by the general public; appropriateness will be determined by Sponsor. For clarity, the forgoing prohibitions should not be construed to proscribe the presentation of information or evidence primary to the Entry which provides important context to the problems being addressed. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions in this regard.
Sponsor reserves the right to change the name of the Contest or reject any Entry for any reason.
- Cause Award
- 3. Contest Period. This Contest begins at 12:01 am U.S. Pacific Time ("PT") on October 2, 2023 for all Global entries and will remain open until otherwise noted on https://www.elastic.co/events/awards (the "Contest Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest. All entries must be received during the dates and times specified in the Contest Period. This is a contest of skill. Odds of winning the Contest depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- 4. Eligibility. In order to be eligible, an entrant must be using Elastic Stack pursuant to a valid license (whether such license is free or paid), and the submitter must be at least the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. By submitting an Entry, the person submitting represents and warrants that he or she has all necessary permissions to enter on behalf of the participating company. If you are employed by a customer of Sponsor, you may participate in this Contest and/or receive prizes only to the extent permitted by your employer. By submitting an Entry, Entrant represents and warrants that such Entrant is (A) is not located in a destination prohibited by the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR") (15 C.F.R. Parts 730-774 (2010)) and is not a person or entity listed on the economic sanctions regulations and guidelines of the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Asset Control ("Restricted Parties"), and (B) will not export, re-export, or otherwise transfer the Elastic Stack and technologies related thereto ("Elastic Technology"), or permit any Elastic Technology to be used by, or disclose any Elastic Technology to, any prohibited destination or Restricted Party. Entrant shall indemnify and hold Elastic harmless from and against claims, losses, costs, or liability, arising in connection with Entrant’s breach of this section. This Contest is void where prohibited by law, rule or regulation.
- 5. Prize. Each winner will receive:
- An Elastic Online Basic Training Subscription valid for one year
- A trophy
- Branded Elastic Excellence Awards jackets for up to three project team members (one for the Certified Professional of the Year)
- For the Certified Professional of the Year Award only, one Elastic-branded "Certified Professional of the Year" jacket will be awarded in place of the Elastic Excellence Awards jackets.
The aggregate retail value of the prize(s) is approximately five thousand U.S. dollars ($5,000) per winner. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who has the right to substitute a prize with another of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt and/or use of the prize. The prizes will be distributed to the individuals who submitted on behalf of the participating company.
- 6. Winners. There will be at most one (1) winner selected for each of the categories. Sponsor reserves the right to (a) award an entrant in a different category than that selected by entrant (including in a new award category not listed) and (b) select no winner in a particular category (including selecting no winners at all). Winners of the Contest will be determined based on the following equally-weighted criteria for each category: (i) demonstration of category theme; (ii) overall execution; and (iii) originality. Because this is a contest of skill, winning the Contest is dependent on the quality and number of submissions received.
- 7. Conditions of Participation. By submitting an Entry for this Contest, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and any decision Sponsor makes regarding this Contest, which Sponsor shall make in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any entrant or winner who, in Sponsor's reasonable suspicion, tampers with Sponsor's site, the Entry process, intentionally submits more than a single Entry, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- 8. Intellectual Property. Ownership of the pre-existing underlying intellectual property of the entrant remains the property of the entrant subject to Sponsor's rights to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit the Entry and materials and information submitted, for the purpose of administering and promoting the Contest and for business, marketing and advertising purposes for the benefit of Sponsor. By participating in the Contest, each entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, worldwide, fully-paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and transferable license to reprint, display, reproduce, perform, use, and exhibit (including the right to make derivative works of) the Entry and materials and information submitted on and in connection with the Contest or use or receipt of the prize for any and all purposes in any medium. Each participating entrant hereby warrants that any Entry and other materials and information provided by entrant are original with entrant and do not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, moral rights or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, and do not violate any rules or regulations. If the Entry or information or materials provided by entrant contain any material or elements that are not owned by entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, entrant represents he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the Entry and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit use and exploitation of the Entry and information and materials by Sponsor in the manner set forth in the Official Rules without additional compensation.
Each entrant warrants that the Entry and materials and information provided do not contain information considered by entrant, its employees or personnel, or any other third party to be confidential. Entrant agrees that Sponsor has the right to verify the ownership and originality of all entries and that, upon Sponsor's request, entrant must submit a written copy of any release or permission entrant has received from a third party granting entrant the right to use such property. Entrant understands and acknowledges that in the event a submission is selected as a winning Entry, and entrant's ownership, rights and the originality of the Entry cannot be verified to the satisfaction of Sponsor or is in any other way ineligible, Sponsor may select an alternate winner based on the same judging criteria.
- 9. Disclaimer, Release and Limit of Liability. SPONSOR MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. BY ENTERING THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES AND EACH SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE PROMOTION; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE PROMOTION; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE PROMOTION OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. If for any reason an entrant's Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant's sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another Entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- 11. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTES: THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE PROMOTION ARE GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES, INC., IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS STREAMLINED ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF ("JAMS RULES"). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN CALIFORNIA. ANY SUCH CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM WILL BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND WILL NOT BE CONSOLIDATED IN ANY ARBITRATION WITH ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY OF ANY OTHER PARTY. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN THE COUNTY OF SANTA CLARA, CALIFORNIA. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
- 12. Winners List. Individuals may request the name of winner(s) by submitting an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.