Move from an existing platform or benefit from new features while minimizing risks and impact on your systems.
Discovery and consultative sessions with Elastic and customer team for migrating to the Elastic Stack or Elastic Cloud. Session will explore customer use case, business requirements, legacy environment, data model, access patterns, and query requirements for planning migration from a legacy search or analytics platform, including Lucene and Solr-based search engines, Microsoft® FAST Search, HP® IDOL, Endeca®, Splunk®, Attivio®, Datadog®, AWS™ ES, or other data or search products or services. Other legacy search engines may be considered.
8 consulting days
Can be applied to any solution: Enterprise Search, Observability, Security, or other use cases on the Elastic Stack, Elastic Cloud, or third-party products
- Discovery and understanding of migration or upgrade requirements
- Review of requirements: use, response times, SLA, uptime, capacity, search results and relevancy
- Evaluation of existing infrastructure
- Recommendations on migration strategy and implementation while reducing effort and downtime
- Assistance with migration testing or production migration, if time remaining within the engagement
Recommended time allocation
- Strategy and recommendations for migration to Elasticsearch from other Elasticsearch, SIEM, Lucene, or and Solr-based search engines, Microsoft® FAST Search, HP® IDOL, Endeca®, Splunk®, Attivio®, Datadog®, AWS™ ES, or similar
- 2 consulting days for project kickoff and discovery sessions with customer
- 4 consulting days for detailed discovery and research on use case, business requirements, legacy environment, data model and query requirements
- 1 consulting day for document preparation
- 1 additional consulting day that may be utilized for any of the above tasks, as well as in assistance or oversight with migration or oversight of the execution of the migration (as performed by customer or a third-party)
Note: Consulting days within the engagement may be allocated to allow consulting services within this scope according to customer need.
A named Project & Technical Oversight consultant is allocated to you on a per project basis to provide ongoing overall project management, solution technical oversight, and consultative and advisory services on Elastic products and services being delivered by Elastic or a partner.
1 consulting day (estimated at 15% of project)
- Can be applied to any solution: Enterprise Search, Observability, Security, or other use cases on the Elastic Stack or Elastic Cloud
- Applicable to existing Elastic Stack or Elastic Cloud environments
- Participate in technical scoping
- Perform technical oversight
- Establish project milestones and checkpoints
- Produce and review status reports
- Review Elastic and/or partner (subcontractor) billable hours
- Perform final deliverable(s) review and delivery
- Schedule and lead final customer briefing
- Schedule and lead Support handoff
- Perform retrospective and review feedback
Recommended time allocation
- Elastic consultant will provide ongoing project management, technical oversight, and advisory services for the customer and/or partner (subcontractor) during the duration of the project.
- Elastic consultant will be accessible to the customer staff and/or partner (subcontractor) allocated to the project.
- Elastic consultant will represent and advocate for the customer's interests within Elastic and Elastic products. The consultant will be responsible for quality assurance during the project representing the Elastic brand to ensure proper delivery of the project by Elastic and/or partner (subcontractor).
Flex Services let you focus on the tasks within a package that are most important to you. Note that no custom deliverables are allowed with Flex consulting.
Flex Services require a minimum of 4 consulting days
Not seeing the package that's right for you? Tailored Elasticsearch and Elastic Stack solutions are available upon request. This option requires a custom scope of work to be evaluated for your use case.
Custom Services require a minimum of 20 consulting days
Contact us with your questions about our services or to initiate an engagement with Elastic Consulting.