You configure settings for X-Pack features in the
logstash.yml configuration files.
|X-Pack Feature||Elasticsearch Settings||Kibana Settings||Logstash Settings|
For more Logstash configuration settings, see Settings File.
The following Logstash settings are configured in the
pertain to specific X-Pack features.
You can set the following
xpack.monitoring settings in
control how monitoring data is collected from your Logstash nodes. However, the
defaults work best in most circumstances. For more information about configuring
Logstash, see Settings File.
- Set to
falseto disable X-Pack monitoring.
- Controls how often data samples are collected and shipped on the Logstash side.
- The Elasticsearch instances that you want to ship your Logstash metrics to. This might be
the same Elasticsearch instance specified in the
outputssection in your Logstash configuration, or a different one. This is not the URL of your dedicated monitoring cluster. Even if you are using a dedicated monitoring cluster, the Logstash metrics must be routed through your production cluster. You can specify a single host as a string, or specify multiple hosts as an array. Defaults to
- If your Elasticsearch is protected with basic authentication, these settings provide the username and password that the Logstash instance uses to authenticate for shipping monitoring data.
- Optional setting that enables you to specify a path to the
.pemfile for the certificate authority for your Elasticsearch instance.
- Optional settings that provide the paths to the Java keystore (JKS) to validate the server’s certificate.
- Optional settings that provide the password to the truststore.
- Optional settings that provide the paths to the Java keystore (JKS) to validate the client’s certificate.
- Optional settings that provide the password to the keystore.