To edit your account settings, select the user icon on the header bar and select Settings.
Update your email addressedit
Each Elasticsearch Service account has a primary email associated with it. By default, the primary email address is used to sign up for Elasticsearch Service and to log in. If needed, you can change this primary email address:
- By Email address, select edit.
Enter a new email address and your current password.
An email is sent to the new address with a link to confirm the change. If you don’t get the email after a few minutes, check your spam folder.
If you are using Google or Microsoft Sign-In and would like to change your email address, you will need to:
Change your passwordedit
When you signed up for an Elasticsearch Service account with your email address, you selected a password that you use to log in to the console. If needed, you can change this password.
If you know your current password:
- Log in to the Elasticsearch Service Console.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Change password.
- Enter the current password and provide the new password that you want to use.
If you don’t know your current password:
- At the login screen for the Elasticsearch Service Console, select the link Forgot password?.
Enter the primary email address for your account and select Reset password.
By default, to sign up for Elasticsearch Service you use your primary email address. If you change it at some point, use your current email address to log in to Elasticsearch Service.
An email is sent to the address you specified with a link to reset the password. If you don’t get the email after a few minutes, check your spam folder.
Change your login methodedit
You can switch between Google or Microsoft Sign-In and a password-based login, if you need to.
- To switch from Google or Microsoft Sign-In to password-based login, go to the Forgot password page and enter your email address. This will trigger the forgot password flow and will allow you to create a password for your account. After you create a password, log in and navigate to User settings. You will now be able to change the email address.
- To switch from password-based login to Google or Microsoft Sign-In, go to the Login page and select Log in with Google or Log in with Microsoft.
Enable multi-factor authenticationedit
To add an extra layer of security to your Elasticsearch Service account, you can either set up Google authenticator or text messaging on a mobile device.
Before you start using multi-factor authentication, verify that your device has SMS capabilities or download the Google Authenticator application onto your device.
To enable multi-factor authentication, you must enroll your device.
If the device you want to remove is your only enrolled device, you must disable multi-factor authentication first. If your device is lost or stolen, contact support.