WARNING: Version 5.6 of the Elastic Stack has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
- Machine learning
- If you have jobs that were created in the beta, you cannot open or run those jobs from nodes that have been upgraded to Version 5.5. You can, however, view the results of the old jobs. You can also use Kibana to clone your old jobs.
All index patterns were upgraded to a new 6.0-compatible format that leverage single mapping
doc). Instead, a new field named
Any manually written queries need only change
- Any manually written queries need only change
cluster_statetype was merged into the
- Pre-existing data will still be detected.
cluster_infotype was merged into the
- Pre-existing data will not be detected.
Monitoring no longer uses the
All data now exists exclusively in the time-based indices (
- Clusters reporting to 5.5 from 5.0 - 5.4 should not be impacted if the ingest pipeline is enabled (default).
- Any monitored cluster that is no longer reported to the monitoring cluster once the cluster is upgraded to 5.5, will not appear in the UI.
Old clusters (5.0 - 5.4) still expect the old templates to exist, so they are created by the HTTP exporter unless that feature is disabled.
You can set
xpack.monitoring.exporters.<exporter-name>.index.template.create_legacy_templates: falseto disable the specification of old templates by the HTTP exporter.
- This will be disabled by default in 6.0.
- You can set
- All data now exists exclusively in the time-based indices (