Review the following information about the Kibana 8.5.0 release.
Due to a recent change in the Red Hat scan verification process, Kibana 8.5.0 is not available in the Red Hat Ecosystem Catalog. This known issue will be fixed in the next release. To download the Kibana 8.5.0 image, use the Elastic docker registry.
Breaking changes can prevent your application from optimal operation and performance. Before you upgrade to 8.5.0, review the breaking changes, then mitigate the impact to your application.
Updates bulk action API to return actionId instead of agent success
To make bulk action responses consistent, returns
actionId instead of agent ids with
success: True or
success: False results. For more information, refer to #141757.
When you use
FleetBulkResponse, you now receive only
Removes filter validation for ad-hoc data views
Filters associated with unknown data views, such as deleted data views, are no longer automatically disabled. For more information, refer to #139431.
Filters associated with unknown data views now display a warning message instead of being automatically disabled.
package_policies field from the agent policy saved object
The bidirectional foreign key between agent policy and package policy has been removed. For more information, refer to #138677.
The agent policy saved object no longer includes the
To review the breaking changes in previous versions, refer to the following:
Kibana 8.5.0 adds the following new and notable features.
- Adds dynamic field selection to the alerts table #140516
- Show alerts count #140473
- Adds the ability to allows users to assign other users to cases #140208
- Ability run a rule on-demand #139848
- Ability to bulk update API keys for alerting rules #139036
- Index threshold alert can’t use unsigned long data type #138452
- Category fields endpoint #138245
- Index threshold alert UI does not fill index picker with data streams #137584
- Elastic Security
- For the Elastic Security 8.5.0 release information, refer to Elastic Security Solution Release Notes.
- Inital hosts page #138173
- Lens & Visualizations
- Machine Learning
- Notifications page #140613
- Explain Log Rate Spikes: Add option to view grouped analysis results #140464
- Stubs out UI for the ML Inference Pipeline panel #140456
- Attach the anomaly charts embeddable to Case #139628
- Log pattern analysis UI #139005
- Attach the anomaly swim lane embeddable to Case #138994
- Feat(slo): Create basic SLO route #139490
Adds the ability to set a default Access Agreement for all
xpack.security-level authentication providers #139217
For more information about the features introduced in 8.5.0, refer to What’s new in 8.5.