Review the following information about the Kibana 8.6.2 release.
Breaking changes can prevent your application from optimal operation and performance. Before you upgrade, review the breaking change, then mitigate the impact to your application.
There are no breaking changes in Kibana 8.6.2.
Unable to load Stack Management > Rules due to corrupted rule definitions
Releases 8.5 and 8.6 have a bug that corrupts rules when you update API keys or manage snooze schedules. In particular, it affects tracking containment rules and Elasticsearch query rules with KQL or Lucene query types. Releases 8.7 and beyond do not include this bug (fixed in #153370).
This known issue causes "unable to load rules" messages to occur in Stack Management > Rules. To temporarily work around the problem, copy the rule content (params, name, tags, actions) for the problematic rules, delete the rules, then recreate them. For more details, refer to Elasticsearch query rules and Tracking containment rules.
- Adds the open API specification for create rule #149565
Adds the ability to run agent policy schema in batches during Fleet setup. Also adds
Adds support for handlebars template "inline partials" without requiring
unsafe-evalsource expression in the Kibana Content Security Policy (CSP) #150151
- Fixes the banner overlap in dashboard embed and fullscreen mode #150012
- Elastic Security
- For the Elastic Security 8.6.2 release information, refer to Elastic Security Solution Release Notes.
- Enterprise Search
- For the Elastic Enterprise Search 8.6.2 release information, refer to Elastic Enterprise Search Documentation Release notes.
- Lens & Visualizations
- Machine Learning
- Fixes datafeed of auth_high_count_logon_events_for_a_source_ip anomaly detection job #149524
- Observability Home
- Fixes newsfeed by using dynamic kibana version #150053
Omit or include
sslkeys when appropriate for project monitors and private locations #149298