Visualize enables you to create visualizations of the data from your Elasticsearch indices, which you can then add to dashboards for analysis.
Kibana visualizations are based on Elasticsearch queries. By using a series of Elasticsearch aggregations to extract and process your data, you can create charts that show you the trends, spikes, and dips you need to know about.
- Open Visualize.
- Click Create new visualization.
Choose the visualization type:
Quickly build several types of basic visualizations by simply dragging and dropping the data fields you want to display.
Line, area, and bar charts
Compare different series in X/Y charts.
Display each source contribution to a total.
Flattens aggregations into table format.
Display a single number.
Goal and gauge
Display a number with progress indicators.
Display words in a cloud, where the size of the word corresponds to its importance.
Time series optimized
Adds interactive inputs to a Dashboard.
Display free-form information or instructions.
Complete control over query and display.
Specify a search query to retrieve the data for your visualization:
- To enter new search criteria, select the index pattern for the indices that contain the data you want to visualize. The visualization builder opens with a wildcard query that matches all of the documents in the selected indices.
To build a visualization from a saved search, click the name of the saved search you want to use. The visualization builder opens and loads the selected query.
When you build a visualization from a saved search, any subsequent modifications to the saved search are automatically reflected in the visualization. To disable automatic updates, you can disconnect a visualization from the saved search.
Many visualizations allow you to inspect the query and data behind the visualization.
- In the Kibana toolbar, click Inspect.
To download the data, click Download CSV, then choose one of the following options:
- Formatted CSV - Downloads the data in table format.
- Raw CSV - Downloads the data as provided.
- To view the requests for collecting data, select Requests from the View dropdown.
To use your visualizations in dashboards, you must save them.
- In the Kibana toolbar, click Save.
- Enter the visualization Title and optional Description, then Save the visualization.
To access the saved visualization, go to Management > Kibana > Saved Objects.
When you have insufficient privileges to save visualizations, the following indicator is displayed and the Save button is not visible.
For more information, refer to Granting access to Kibana.
When you’ve finished your visualization, you can share it outside of Kibana.
From the Share menu, you can:
- Embed the code in a web page. Users must have Kibana access to view an embedded visualization.
- Share a direct link to a Kibana visualization.
- Generate a PDF report.
- Generate a PNG report.