Use the information in this section to inspect Elasticsearch requests and find solutions to common problems.
Inspect Elasticsearch requestsedit
Elastic Maps uses the Elasticsearch search API to get documents and aggregation results from Elasticsearch. To troubleshoot these requests, open the Inspector, which shows the most recent requests for each layer. You can switch between different requests using the Request dropdown.
Solutions to common problemsedit
Features are not displayededit
- Use Inspector to view Elasticsearch responses. Ensure the response is not empty.
Ensure geometry uses the correct latitude and longitude ordering.
Geo-points expressed as strings are ordered as
"latitude,longitude". Geo-points expressed as arrays are ordered as the reverse:
Geo-shapes expressed as geojson provide coordinates as
- Geo-points expressed as strings are ordered as
- Ensure fill color and border color are distinguishable from map tiles. It’s hard to see white features on a white background.
Tiles are not displayededit
- Ensure your tile server has configured Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) so tile requests from your Kibana domain have permission to access your tile server domain.
- Ensure tiles have the required coordinate system. Vector data must use EPSG:4326 and tiles must use EPSG:3857.