Review the following information about the 7.17.2 release.
Before you upgrade, review the known issues, then mitigate the impact to your application.
There are no known issues in 7.17.2.
For the known issues in the previous releases, refer to the <<known-issue-7.17.0, known issues in 7.17.0>.
There are no breaking changes in the 7.17.2 release.
To review the breaking changes in previous versions, refer to the following:
- Use debounce instead of async url update to remove app state from URL #127083
- Improves doc viewer source tab performance by limiting height #127439
- Elastic Security
- For the Elastic Security 7.17.2 release information, refer to Elastic Security Solution Release Notes.
- Machine Learning
- Anomaly Detection: Update annotation directly using the index it is stored in #126573
- Resolves errors seen when creating a runtime field with a user that has access to a limit set of indices #127523
- Fixes field format color editor crash on invalid color value #127292
- Adds deprecation logging as step on overview page of Upgrade Assistant #126277
- Upgrade Assistant will show a reindex warning if Elasticsearch is low on disk space #125572