You can subscribe to Elasticsearch Service directly from the AWS Marketplace. You then have the convenience of viewing your Elasticsearch Service subscription as part of your AWS bill, and you do not have to supply any additional credit card information to Elastic.
Some differences exist when you subscribe to Elasticsearch Service through the AWS Marketplace:
- There is no trial period. Billing starts when you subscribe to Elasticsearch Service.
- Previous Elasticsearch Service accounts cannot be converted to use the AWS Marketplace. If you already have an account, you must use a different email address when you sign up for a subscription through the AWS Marketplace.
- Pricing is based on the AWS region, the RAM size of your cluster in GB, and the level of high availability, billed per hour, as well as some other parameters such as data transfer out, data transfer internode, snapshot storage, and snapshot APIs. For more details, see Billing Dimensions.
- The consolidated charges for your Elasticsearch Service subscription are shown in the AWS Marketplace billing console. It can take a day or two before new charges show up.
- Regardless of where your deployment is hosted (visible in the Elastic Cloud console), the AWS Marketplace charges for all AWS regions are metered in US East (Northern Virginia). As a result, you see US East (Northern Virginia) listed as the region in the AWS Marketplace console.
- To see a detailed breakdown of your charges by deployment or by product, open the Elasticsearch Service Console and go to Account & Billing > Usage.
If you want to convert an existing Elasticsearch Service account to AWS Marketplace billing, you must migrate your deployments over to the new account. To migrate, use a custom repository to take a snapshot and then restore that snapshot to a new deployment under your AWS Marketplace account. If you also want to use the same account email with AWS Marketplace billing, you must first change the primary email on your existing account before setting up your new AWS Marketplace account as shown in these steps.
To subscribe to Elasticsearch Service through the AWS Marketplace:
- Go to Elasticsearch Service on the AWS Marketplace and click Continue to Subscribe.
- Log in to your Amazon Web Services account, if you aren’t already.
- Click Subscribe and then Set Up Your Account.
Enter your details on the Elasticsearch Service subscription page and click Sign up.
An email is sent to the address you specified with a link to confirm your signup. The link is valid for one hour. If you don’t see the email after a few minutes, check your spam folder.
- Click the link to verify the email address and accept the terms of service (TOS).
- Choose a password.
Your new account is subscribed automatically to the Platinum subscription level. If you like, you can change your subscription level at any time.
This section describes some scenarios that you may experience onboarding onto the marketplace offer. If you’re running into issues with your marketplace subscription or are encountering technical issues, create a support case or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I receive an error message telling me that I’m already signed up using an Elastic Cloud email address.
- When I try to configure a new account from the AWS console, I see the Elastic Cloud login page, not the sign-up page. If I sign up to a new account it is not connected to the marketplace.
- When I try to configure an account from the AWS console I see an error that An active AWS subscription already exists.
I receive an error message telling me that I’m already signed up using an Elastic Cloud email address.edit
This occurs when you attempt to sign up to the marketplace offer using an email address that already exists in Elastic Cloud, say as part of a trial account. You have a few options to work around this issue:
- Change the email address of your previous Elastic Cloud account - You can log in to your existing Elastic Cloud account and change the email address to something else. Once the email address has been changed, you can navigate back to the AWS console to finish setting up your marketplace subscription.
Sign up using a different email address - You can sign up to Elastic Cloud using a different email address, such as
When I try to configure a new account from the AWS console, I see the Elastic Cloud login page, not the sign-up page. If I sign up to a new account it is not connected to the marketplace.edit
If you see the Elastic Cloud login page after clicking through from the AWS console, then an Elastic Cloud account is already connected to your marketplace subscription. You can log into Elastic Cloud with that account in order to continue. If you can’t remember your password, click the Forgot password? link to reset your password.
If you can’t remember which email address you used to sign up to Elastic Cloud, or you need other assistance, contact email@example.com.
When I try to configure an account from the AWS console I see an error that an active AWS subscription already exists.edit
This error occurs when you have already provisioned a marketplace subscription under your AWS user account. Each AWS user account can only subscribe to Elastic Cloud once.
If you wish to configure multiple marketplace subscriptions, you need to use a different AWS user account to create the marketplace subscription from the AWS console. Once the marketplace subscription has been created in AWS, you can continue to configure the subscription in Elastic Cloud.