You can subscribe to Elasticsearch Service directly from the AWS Marketplace. You then have the convenience of viewing your Elasticsearch Service subscription as part of your AWS bill, and you do not have to supply any additional credit card information to Elastic.
Some differences exist when you subscribe to Elasticsearch Service through the AWS Marketplace:
- There is no trial period. Billing starts when you subscribe to Elasticsearch Service.
- Previous Elasticsearch Service accounts cannot be converted to use the AWS Marketplace. If you already have an account, you must use a different email address when you sign up for a subscription through the AWS Marketplace.
- Pricing is based on the AWS region, the RAM size of your cluster in GB, and the level of high availability, billed per hour, as well as some other parameters such as data transfer out, data transfer internode, snapshot storage, and snapshot APIs. For more details, see Billing Dimensions.
- The consolidated charges for your Elasticsearch Service subscription are shown in the AWS Marketplace billing console. It can take a day or two before new charges show up.
- Regardless of where your deployment is hosted (visible in the Elastic Cloud console), the AWS Marketplace charges for all AWS regions are metered in US East (Northern Virginia). As a result, you see US East (Northern Virginia) listed as the region in the AWS Marketplace console.
- To see a detailed breakdown of your charges by deployment or by product, open the Elasticsearch Service Console and go to Account & Billing > Usage.
If you want to convert an existing Elasticsearch Service account to AWS Marketplace billing, you must migrate your deployments over to the new account. To migrate, use a custom repository to take a snapshot and then restore that snapshot to a new deployment under your AWS Marketplace account. If you also want to use the same account email with AWS Marketplace billing, you must first change the primary email on your existing account before setting up your new AWS Marketplace account as shown in these steps.
To subscribe to Elasticsearch Service through the AWS Marketplace:
- Go to Elasticsearch Service on the AWS Marketplace and click Continue to Subscribe.
- Log in to your Amazon Web Services account, if you aren’t already.
- Click Subscribe and then Set Up Your Account.
Enter your details on the Elasticsearch Service subscription page and click Sign up.
An email is sent to the address you specified with a link to confirm your signup. The link is valid for one hour. If you don’t see the email after a few minutes, check your spam folder.
- Click the link to verify the email address and accept the terms of service (TOS).
- Choose a password.
Your new account is subscribed automatically to the Platinum subscription level. If you like, you can change your subscription level at any time.