This is a module for receiving NetFlow and IPFIX flow records over UDP. This input supports NetFlow versions 1, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, as well as IPFIX. For NetFlow versions older than 9, fields are mapped automatically to NetFlow v9.
This module wraps the netflow input to enrich the flow records with geolocation information about the IP endpoints by using Elasticsearch Ingest Node.
Read the quick start to learn how to configure and run modules.
Configure the moduleedit
You can further refine the behavior of the
netflow module by specifying
variable settings in the
modules.d/netflow.yml file, or overriding settings at the command line.
Each fileset has separate variable settings for configuring the behavior of the
module. If you don’t specify variable settings, the
netflow module uses
For advanced use cases, you can also override input settings. See Override input settings.
When you specify a setting at the command line, remember to prefix the
setting with the module name, for example,
log fileset settingsedit
The fileset is by default configured to listen for UDP traffic on
localhost:2055. For most uses cases you will want to set the
variable to allow the input bind to all interfaces so that it can receive
traffic from network devices.
- module: netflow log: enabled: true var: netflow_host: 0.0.0.0 netflow_port: 2055
Address to find to. Defaults to
Port to listen on. Defaults to
The maximum size of the message received over UDP.
The default is
- The size of the read buffer on the UDP socket.
- The read and write timeout for socket operations.
- The time before an idle session or unused template is expired. Only applicable to v9 and IPFIX protocols. A value of zero disables expiration.
- The maximum number of packets that can be queued for processing. Use this setting to avoid packet-loss when dealing with occasional bursts of traffic.
- A list of paths to field definitions YAML files. These allow to update the NetFlow/IPFIX fields with vendor extensions and to override existing fields. See netflow input for details.
- Flag controlling whether Filebeat should monitor sequence numbers in the Netflow packets to detect an Exporting Process reset. See netflow input for details.
A list of tags to include in events. Including
forwardedindicates that the events did not originate on this host and causes
host.nameto not be added to events. Defaults to
For a description of each field in the module, see the exported fields section.