Review the following information about the Kibana 8.6.0 release.
Attempting to create APM latency threshold rules from the Observability rules page fail
When you attempt to create an APM latency threshold rule in Observability > Alerts > Rules for all services or all transaction types, the request will fail with a
params invalid error.
This known issue only impacts the Observability Rules page. To work around this issue, create APM latency threshold rules in the APM Alerts and Rules dialog. See Alerts and rules for detailed instructions.
Breaking changes can prevent your application from optimal operation and performance. Before you upgrade to 8.6.0, review the breaking changes, then mitigate the impact to your application.
histogram:maxBars default setting
To configure higher resolution data histogram aggregations without changing the Advanced Settings, the default histogram:maxBars setting is now 1000 instead of 100. For more information, refer to #143081.
For each space, complete the following to change histogram:maxBars to the previous default setting:
- Open the main menu, then click Stack Management > Advanced Settings.
- Scroll or search for histogram:maxBars.
100, then click Save changes.
CSV reports use PIT instead of Scroll
CSV reports now use PIT instead of Scroll. Previously generated CSV reports that used an index alias with alias-only privileges, but without privileges on the alias referenced-indices will no longer generate. For more information, refer to #158338.
To generate CSV reports, grant
read privileges to the underlying indices.
To review the breaking changes in previous versions, refer to the following:
Kibana 8.6.0 adds the following new and notable features.
- Notify users by email when assigned to a case #144391
- Adds flapping state object and interface in AAD index and Event Log #143920
- Change Alerts > Actions execution order #143577
- Adds the ability to remove alerts attached to a case #143457
- This feature allows users to create and close alerts within Opsgenie #142411
- Adds filter field to index threshold rule type #142255
- Allow users to see event logs from all spaces they have access to #140449
- Elastic Security
- For the Elastic Security 8.6.0 release information, refer to Elastic Security Solution Release Notes.
- Enterprise Search
- For the Elastic Enterprise Search 8.6.0 release information, refer to Elastic Enterprise Search Documentation Release notes.
- Adds support for the the Unified Search Bar for Query input #143222
- Lens & Visualizations
- Adds support for trend lines in Lens metric visualizations #141851
- Machine Learning
- Collect metrics about the active/idle connections to ES nodes #141434
- Integrate alert search bar on rule details page #144718
- Adds additional context to recovered alerts of Infrastructure rules #144683
- Adds list of containers in context variable of Inventory rule #144526
- Adds new contextual attributes to Infrastructure - Metric threshold rule #143001
- Adds alert details page feature flag by App #142839
- Adds new contextual attributes to Infrastructure - Inventory Rule #140598
- Allows users to deploy Osquery across all Elastic Agent policies or on specified policies only #143948
- Adds notifications plugin, offering basic email service #143303
- Adds the ability to show sub-feature privileges when using the Basic license #142020
created_atfield in saved objects #143507
For more information about the features introduced in 8.6.0, refer to What’s new in 8.6.