Review the following information about the 7.17.0 release.
Before you upgrade, review the known issue, then mitigate the impact to your application.
Hidden dashboard titles now appear
If you are using Kibana 7.9.x and earlier, and you upgrade to 7.10.0 to 7.17.2, all hidden panel titles now appear on your dashboards. Impact
Upgrade to Kibana 7.17.3 or later.
There are no breaking changes in the 7.17.0 release.
To review the breaking changes in previous versions, refer to the following:
Enhancements and bug fixesedit
For detailed information about the 7.17.0 release, review the enhancements and bug fixes.
- Fixes call to update index alias to hidden #122882
- Elastic Security
- For the Elastic Security 7.17.0 release information, refer to Elastic Security Solution Release Notes.
- Lens & Visualizations
- Fixes y-axis visibility for Percentile aggregation in XY charts #122162
- Runs the migration correctly for the drop last bucket in TSVB #121734
- Fixes percentage mode behavior when multiple metrics are placed on the same axis in XY charts #121610
- "Bucket script" and "Series Agg" should be active for "timerange" mode in TSVB #121301
- Machine Learning
- Fixes Anomaly detection’s custom url with special characters #121411
- Fixes map application crashes when leaving map while drawing filter #122353
- Fixes telemetry for cases attached to alerts to work across spaces #122477
- Fixes Uptime alerting fly outs within alerting app #123031
- Overview link to Exploratory View should not filter by monitor in Uptime #122907
- Adds a global filter to exploratory view when there is only one series in Uptime #122301
- Fixes a problem in which the exploratory view would crash if no date ranges were selected in Uptime #122163
- Fixes a bug where the monitor step details would send more requests than necessary in Uptime #121889
- Drop requests for overview page data when filter not initialized in Uptime #120031
Restores default chart
'local'in XY charts #123264
For information about the features introduced in 7.17.0, refer to What’s new in 7.17.