If you haven’t yet indexed data into Elasticsearch or created an index pattern, you’ll be prompted to do so as you follow the steps for creating a dashboard. Or, you can use one of the prebuilt sample data sets, available from the Kibana home page.
- In the side navigation, click Dashboard.
- Click Create new dashboard.
- Click Add.
- When you’re finished adding and arranging the panels, go to the menu bar and click Save.
- In Save Dashboard, enter a dashboard title and optionally a description.
- To store the time period specified in the time filter, enable Store time with dashboard.
- Click Save.
To import, export, and delete dashboards, see Managing Saved Objects.
By default, Kibana dashboards use the light color theme. To use the dark color theme:
- Go to the menu bar and click Edit.
- Click Options in the menu bar.
- Select Use dark theme.
To set the dark theme as the default, go to Management > Advanced Settings. Scroll down to Dashboard and toggle Dark Theme to On.