IMPORTANT: Version 6.6 of Elasticsearch has passed its maintenance date.
This documentation is no longer being updated. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
This functionality is in beta and is subject to change. The design and code is less mature than official GA features and is being provided as-is with no warranties. Beta features are not subject to the support SLA of official GA features.
X-Pack includes a SQL feature to execute SQL against Elasticsearch indices and return results in tabular format.
- Overview of Elasticsearch SQL and its features.
- Getting Started
- Start using SQL right away in Elasticsearch.
- Concepts and Terminology
- Language conventions across SQL and Elasticsearch.
- Securing Elasticsearch SQL and Elasticsearch.
- REST API
- Accepts SQL in a JSON document, executes it, and returns the results.
- Translate API
- Accepts SQL in a JSON document and translates it into a native Elasticsearch query and returns that.
- Command-line application that connects to Elasticsearch to execute SQL and print tabular results.
- A JDBC driver for Elasticsearch.
- An ODBC driver for Elasticsearch.
- Client Applications
- Documentation for configuring various SQL/BI tools with Elasticsearch SQL.
- SQL Language
- Overview of the Elasticsearch SQL language, such as supported data types, commands and syntax.
- Functions and Operators
- List of functions and operators supported.
- Elasticsearch SQL current limitations.