WARNING: Version 6.1 of Elasticsearch has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
The lists below cover changes between 6.0.0-rc2 and 6.0.0 GA only.
Added new security limitations:
- When a user’s role enables document level security for an index and suggesters are specified, the specified suggesters are ignored. For more information about suggesters, see Suggesters.
- When document level security is enabled, search requests cannot be profiled. For more information about profiling, see the Profile API.
- Machine Learning
- Fixed a race condition when simultaneous close requests are made for the same job.
Prevented 6.0 nodes from joining clusters with un-upgraded version 5
.securityindices. For upgrade instructions, see Upgrading the Elastic Stack.
Enabled read-only access to the index audit log by the
_xpackinternal user. For more information, see Internal Users.
Updated the concrete security index such that it is now always named
.security-6. In 6.0 beta and RC releases, it was sometimes named
- Fixed handling of exceptions when retrieving roles from a native roles store. For more information about configuring a native realm, see Native User Authentication.
- Prevented 6.0 nodes from joining clusters with un-upgraded version 5