You are looking at documentation for an older release. Not what you want? See the current release documentation.
The lists below cover changes between 6.0.0-rc2 and 6.0.0 GA only.
Added new security limitations:
- When a user’s role enables document level security for an index and suggesters are specified, the specified suggesters are ignored. For more information about suggesters, see Suggesters.
- When document level security is enabled, search requests cannot be profiled. For more information about profiling, see the Profile API.
- Machine Learning
- Fixed a race condition when simultaneous close requests are made for the same job.
Prevented 6.0 nodes from joining clusters with un-upgraded version 5
.securityindices. For upgrade instructions, see Upgrading the Elastic Stack.
Enabled read-only access to the index audit log by the
_xpackinternal user. For more information, see Internal Users.
Updated the concrete security index such that it is now always named
.security-6. In 6.0 beta and RC releases, it was sometimes named
- Fixed handling of exceptions when retrieving roles from a native roles store. For more information about configuring a native realm, see Native User Authentication.
- Prevented 6.0 nodes from joining clusters with un-upgraded version 5