WARNING: Version 2.2 of Elasticsearch has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
The queries in this group are:
- Find document with geo-shapes which either intersect, are contained by, or do not intersect with the specified geo-shape.
- Finds documents with geo-points that fall into the specified rectangle.
- Finds document with geo-points within the specified distance of a central point.
geo_pointquery, but the range starts at a specified distance from the central point.
- Find documents with geo-points within the specified polygon.
- Find geo-points whose geohash intersects with the geohash of the specified point.
Percolating geo-queries in Elasticsearch 2.2.0 or later
geo_point fields added in Elasticsearch 2.2.0 and
above require that
doc_values are enabled in order to
function. Unfortunately, the in-memory index used by the percolator does not
yet have support for
doc_values, meaning that geo-queries
will not work in a percolator index created in Elasticsearch 2.2.0 or later.
See Percolating geo-queries in Elasticsearch 2.2.0 and later for a workaround.