You are looking at documentation for an older release. Not what you want? See the current release documentation.
Curator allows for many different operations to be performed to both indices and snapshots, including:
- Add or remove indices from an alias
- Shard routing allocation
- Disabling Bloom filter caches (for versions of Elasticsearch < 1.4)
- Close indices
- Delete indices and snapshots
- Open closed indices
- Optimize indices
- Change the number of replicas per shard for indices
- Show indices and snapshots
- Take a snapshot (backup) of indices.