When you decide to add your credit card and become a paying customer, you can choose a subscription level that includes the features you are going to use. On our pricing page, you can get a complete list of features by subscription level.
If, at any time during your monthly subscription with Elastic Cloud, you decide you need features on a higher subscription level, you can easily make changes. You can both upgrade to a higher subscription level, or downgrade to a lower one.
To change your subscription level:
- Log in to the Elasticsearch Service Console.
- Select the user icon on the header bar and select Billing from the menu.
- On the Overview page, select Update subscription.
- Choose a new subscription level.
- Save your changes.
Changing to a higher subscription level takes place immediately, while moving to a lower subscription level takes effect in the next billing cycle. This means that you pay the current rate for the rest of the month. This rule does not apply to customers that are in their first billing cycle: they can change immediately to a lower subscription level.
Customers on the prepaid consumption billing model can change their subscription level in the Billing subscription page. Cloud Standard is not available for customers on the prepaid consumption billing model.
Feature usage notificationsedit
If you try to change your subscription to a lower level, but you are using features that belong either to your current level or to a higher one, you need to make some changes before you can proceed, as described in review required feature changes link.
This overview shows you:
- Any features in use that belong to a higher subscription level, grouped by deployment
- Which subscription level you should change to in order to keep those features
You can change your subscription level to the recommended level, or stop using the features that belong to a higher level. In the following list, you can find the features we are tracking and the relevant instructions to remove them from your deployments:
Field-level or document-level security
- Remove any user role configurations based on field or document access through the API or the Kibana Roles page.
After you have made your changes to the deployment, it can take up to one hour to clear the notification banner.