Change how Enterprise Search runs by providing your own user settings. User settings are appended to the
ent-search.yml configuration file for your instance and provide custom configuration options.
To add user settings:
- Log in to the Elasticsearch Service Console.
Select your deployment on the home page in the Elasticsearch Service card or go to the deployments page.
Narrow your deployments by name, ID, or choose from several other filters. To customize your view, use a combination of filters, or change the format from a grid to a list.
- From your deployment menu, go to the Edit page.
- At the bottom of the Enterprise Search section, expand the User settings overrides caret.
- Update the user settings.
- Click Save changes.
If a setting is not supported by Elasticsearch Service, an error message displays when you try to save your settings.
Supported Enterprise Search settingsedit
Elasticsearch Service supports the following Enterprise Search settings.
For version 7.9 and later:
The origin of authenticated Enterprise Search users. Options are
- The order in which to display this provider on the login screen.
- The name to be displayed on the login screen associated with this provider.
- The URL to an icon to be displayed on the login screen associated with this provider.
- Boolean value to determine whether or not to display this login option on the login screen.
- Adds a message to the login screen. This field supports Markdown.
For version 7.7 and later:
- Maximum allowed document size for Custom API Sources (in bytes).
- Number of fields a Custom API Source can have.
- Maximum allowed document size in App Search engines (in bytes).
- Number of fields an App Search engine can have.
- Number of source engines a meta engine can have.
- Number of facet values that can be returned by a search.
- Size of full-text queries that are allowed.
- Total number of synonym sets an engine can have.
- Total number of terms a synonym set can have.
- Number of analytics tags that can be associated with a single query or clickthrough.