You might need to delete runners for several reasons:
- To remove some resources from your Elastic Cloud Enterprise installation if they are no longer required.
- To remove a faulty runner from the Cloud UI so that it is no longer part of your Elastic Cloud Enterprise installation.
Deleting a runner only removes the runner from your installation, it does not remove the Elastic Cloud Enterprise software from the runner. After the runner has been deleted, you can repurpose or troubleshoot the host on which the runner was located.
To delete runners:
- Log into the Cloud UI.
From the Platform menu, select Runners.
Narrow the list by name, ID, or choose from several other filters. To further define the list, use a combination of filters.
For runners that hold the allocator role:
- Go to Runners and select a runner.
- On the Update roles tab, remove all assigned roles.
- On the Runner’s details page, click Demote runner if present. If a Delete runner link is shown, skip this step.
Remove all running containers from the host, starting from the container with name
frc-runners-runner. Then remove the storage directory (the default
/mnt/data/elastic/). You can use the recommended cleanup command.
- Click Delete runner and confirm.
Refresh the page if the button isn’t active.