A newer version is available. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
- To avoid compatibility issues between versions, the deployment sending monitoring metrics and the monitoring deployment receiving them should be at the same major version. If using the same version is not feasible, check for breaking changes in the X-Pack Release Notes or the Marvel Release Notes to make sure that your versions are compatible.
- Monitoring across regions is not supported. If you need to move your existing monitoring to the same region, you can do a reindex or create a new deployment and select the snapshot from the old deployment.
- Metrics that are sent to a dedicated monitoring deployment are not cleaned up automatically and might require some additional steps to remove excess data periodically.
- The logs shipped to a monitoring cluster use an ILM managed data stream (elastic-cloud-logs-<version>). If you need to delete indices due to space, do not delete the current is_write_enabled: true index.
- Traffic filters on monitoring deployments are supported on version 6.0 and later. Both the monitoring source and the target need to be on version 6.0 or later.
- Log delivery is only supported on production deployments version 6.0 and later, and it requires a monitoring deployment version 6.5 and later.
- Verbose logging in Kibana is only supported on production deployments version 7.6 and later.
- When sending metrics to a dedicated monitoring deployment, the graph for IO Operations Rate(/s) is blank. This is due to the fact that this graph actually contains metrics from of all of the virtualized resources from the provider.