Topbeat was replaced by Metricbeat in 5.0. To learn more about Metricbeat, see the Metricbeat documentation.
Topbeat is a lightweight shipper that you can install on your servers to periodically read system-wide and per-process CPU and memory statistics and then index the statistics in Elasticsearch.
Topbeat helps you monitor your servers by collecting metrics like:
- System load: in the last minute, in the last 5 minutes, and in the last 15 minutes
- System wide CPU usage: user (and percentage), system, idle, IOWait, and so on at both per CPU and overall level
- System wide memory usage: total, used (and percentage), free, and so on
- System wide swap usage: total, used (and percentage), free, and so on
- Process name
- Process parent pid
- Process state
- Process pid
- Process CPU usage: user (and percentage), system, total, and start time
- Process Memory usage: virtual memory, resident memory (and percentage), and shared memory
File system statistics
- List of available disks
- For each disk, the name, type, and where it is mounted
- For each disk, the total, used (and percentage), free, and available space
Topbeat can insert the collected metrics directly into Elasticsearch or use Logstash.
Intro to Kibana
ELK for Logs & Metrics