Before modifying configuration settings, make sure you’ve completed the configuration steps in the Getting Started. This section describes some common use cases for changing configuration options.
To configure Functionbeat, you edit the configuration file. The default
configuration file is called
functionbeat.yml. The location of the file
varies by platform. To locate the file, see Directory layout.
There’s also a full example configuration file called
that shows all non-deprecated options.
See the Config File Format section of the Beats Platform Reference for more about the structure of the config file.
The following topics describe how to configure Functionbeat:
- Configure functions
- Specify general settings
- Configure the internal queue
- Configure the output
- Set up index lifecycle management
- Specify SSL settings
- Filter and enhance the exported data
- Parse data by using ingest node
- Enrich events with geoIP information
- Set up the Kibana endpoint
- Load the Elasticsearch index template
- Configure logging
- Use environment variables in the configuration
- YAML tips and gotchas
- Regular expression support