The Elastic APM Node.js Agent uses semantic versioning, and therefore:
- Upgrades between minor versions of the agent, like from 1.1 to 1.2 are always backwards compatible.
- Upgrades that involve a major version bump often come with some backwards incompatible changes.
Before upgrading the agent, be sure to review the:
The following upgrade guides are available:
- Upgrade to v1.x - Follow this guide to upgrade from version 0.x to version 1.x of the Elastic APM Node.js agent
- Upgrade to v2.x - Follow this guide to upgrade from version 1.x to version 2.x of the Elastic APM Node.js agent
- Upgrade to v3.x - Follow this guide to upgrade from version 2.x to version 3.x of the Elastic APM Node.js agent
End of life datesedit
We love all our products, but sometimes we must say goodbye to a release so that we can continue moving forward on future development and innovation. Our End of life policy defines how long a given release is considered supported, as well as how long a release is considered still in active development or maintenance.
Intro to Kibana
ELK for Logs & Metrics