Detects the occurrence of emails reported as Phishing or Malware by Users. Security Awareness training is essential to stay ahead of scammers and threat actors, as security products can be bypassed, and the user can still receive a malicious message. Educating users to report suspicious messages can help identify gaps in security controls and prevent malware infections and Business Email Compromise attacks.
Rule type: query
Risk score: 47
Runs every: 5m
Maximum alerts per execution: 100
- Microsoft 365
- Continuous Monitoring
- Initial Access
Rule license: Elastic License v2
## Config The Office 365 Logs Fleet integration, Filebeat module, or similarly structured data is required to be compatible with this rule.
event.dataset:o365.audit and event.provider:SecurityComplianceCenter and event.action:AlertTriggered and rule.name:"Email reported by user as malware or phish"
Framework: MITRE ATT&CKTM
- Name: Initial Access
- ID: TA0001
- Reference URL: https://attack.mitre.org/tactics/TA0001/
- Name: Phishing
- ID: T1566
- Reference URL: https://attack.mitre.org/techniques/T1566/
- Name: Spearphishing Attachment
- ID: T1566.001
- Reference URL: https://attack.mitre.org/techniques/T1566/001/
- Name: Spearphishing Link
- ID: T1566.002
- Reference URL: https://attack.mitre.org/techniques/T1566/002/