In this release, we’ve made more Logstash plugins compatible with the Elastic Common Schema (ECS). This release builds on ECS work in previous releases, and adds ECS-compatibility for these plugins:
ECS compatibility is off-by-default in Logstash 7.x, but will be on-by-default in Logstash 8.0.
The Elasticsearch output plugin now supports Elasticsearch data streams. You can use the plugin to send time series datasets (such as logs, events, and metrics) as well as non-time series data to Elasticsearch.
Elasticsearch data streams store append-only time series data across multiple indices while giving you a single named resource for requests. Data streams are well-suited for logs, events, metrics, and other continuously generated data.
The Elasticsearch output offers data stream options that are designed for indexing time series datasets into Elasticsearch.
Logstash keystore fixes
Fixed a regression introduced in
7.11 where the
bin/logstash-keystore list command would not list secrets from the
logstash keystore #12784
Potential Plugin interoperability fixes
Fixed a potential interoperability issue where
logstash-filter-geoip were used in the same pipeline.
We believe this only manifested in testing rather than actual pipeline #12811
Updates to dependencies
Cef Codec - 6.2.0
- Introduce ECS Compatibility mode #83
Clone Filter - 4.1.1
Syslog_pri Filter - 3.1.0
- Feat: ECS compatibility #9
Beats Input - 6.1.3
- Fix: safe-guard byte buf allocation #420
- Updated Jackson dependencies
S3 Input - 3.6.0
Stdin Input - 3.3.0
- Feat: ECS support + review dependencies #20
Syslog Input - 3.5.0
- Feat: ECS compatibility support #63
Jdbc Integration - 5.0.7
Elasticsearch Output - 11.0.2
- Validate that required functionality in Elasticsearch is available upon initial connection #1015
- Fix: DLQ regression shipped in 11.0.0 #1012
- [DOC] Fixed broken link in list item #1011
- Feat: Data stream support #988
- Refactor: reviewed logging format and restored ES (initial) setup error logging
- Feat: always check ES license #1005