Now you can write your own Java plugin for use with Logstash. We have provided instructions and GitHub examples to give you a head start.
Native support for Java plugins in Logstash consists of several components:
- Extensions to the Java execution engine to support running Java plugins in Logstash pipelines
APIs for developing Java plugins.
The APIs are in the
co.elastic.logstash.apipackage. A Java plugin might break if it references classes or specific concrete implementations of API interfaces outside that package. The implementation of classes outside of the API package may change at any time.
- Tooling to automate the packaging and deployment of Java plugins in Logstash.
Here are the steps:
- Choose the type of plugin you want to create: input, codec, filter, or output.
- Set up your environment.
- Code the plugin.
- Package and deploy the plugin.
- Run Logstash with your new plugin.
Here are the example repos:
Here are the instructions: