You are looking at documentation for an older release. Not what you want? See the current release documentation.
This procedure downloads the relevant Logstash binaries directly from Elastic.
- Shut down your Logstash pipeline, including any inputs that send events to Logstash.
- Download the Logstash installation file that matches your host environment.
- Unpack the installation file into your Logstash directory.
- Test your configuration file with the
logstash --config.test_and_exit -f <configuration-file>command. Configuration options for some Logstash plugins have changed in the 6.x release.
- Restart your Logstash pipeline after updating your configuration file.