IMPORTANT: No additional bug fixes or documentation updates will be released for this version. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
- Implemented a new experimental Java execution engine for Logstash pipelines. The Java engine is off by default, but can be enabled with --experimental-java-execution (Issue 7950).
- Added support for changing the page capacity for an existing queue (Issue 8628).
- Made extensive improvements to pipeline execution performance and memory efficiency (Issue 7692, 8776, 8577, 8446, 8333, 8163, 8103, 8087, and 7691).
- Fixed slow metric invocation and needless locking on timeout enforcer (#125).
- Added support for boolean-to-integer conversion (#108).
When indexing to Elasticsearch 6.x or above, Logstash ignores the event’s
typefield and no longer uses it to set the document’s