- This release of Logstash includes support for offline plugin installation from storage media.
jruby-openssllibrary version is now 0.9.13
- The multiline filter plugin is deprecated in favor of the multiline codec plugin. Support for the multiline filter plugin will be removed completely in a future release of Logstash.
http_pollerplugin is now installed by default.
- Issue 3693: The pipeline has been substantially reëngineered, adding new command line flags. Filter and output stages are now a single stage that consumes messages from an in-memory queue. This change
- Issue 4291: Logstash can be launched from a symbolic link.
- Issue 4321: Fixes an issue with the
--configtestswitch and the SysV init script.
* Issue 81: Adds the
close_older configuration option
to close files that remain unmodified for longer than the specified timespan in seconds.
* Issue 81: Adds the
option to ignore the contents of files that have remained unmodified for longer than the specified timespan in seconds.
* Issue 57: Allows tracking by a column value rather
than by last run time. This is a breaking change, as users may be required to change from using
sql_last_start to use
sql_last_value in their queries. Time-based queries require no other changes.
* Issue 44: Adds an option to control lowercasing of
* Issue 14: Refactored beats input to fix thread
synchronization issues under high data volume.
* Issue 59: Fixes a CPU load issue when no new
messages are available in the Kafka broker.
* Issue 33: Adds support for compressed and gzip POST
multiline: This filter is now deprecated. Use the multiline codec plugin instead.
* Issue 23: The
timezone setting now supports the
* Issue 33: Improves handling for new year rollovers
when the year is not present in the time format. When the local timestamp is December and the event time is January, the
year is set to the following year. When the local time is January and the event time is December, the year is set to the
* Issue 4433: Node protocol is now discouraged and will not be actively
maintained. Use the
transport protocols instead.
* Issue 235: Adds scripted update support.
* Issue 321: Changes retry behavior. "Too
busy" and "service unavailable" errors from ES are retried indefinitely. Conflict errors are neve retried.
* Issue 18 Adds configuration setting to set directory
and file permission.
* Issue 18: Adds the
option, with no default. Auto flushes are not performed if the value of
auto_flush is not
true. This feature flushes
events buffered as part of a multiline event when used with the
file input plugin, for example.