Review the following information about the Kibana 8.1.0 release.
Breaking changes can prevent your application from optimal operation and performance. Before you upgrade to 8.1.0, review the breaking changes, then mitigate the impact to your application.
Removes legacy CSV export type
Removes legacy PDF shim
To review the breaking changes in previous versions, refer to the following:
Kibana 8.1.0 adds the following new and notable features.
- Elastic Security
- For the Elastic Security 8.1.0 release information, refer to Elastic Security Solution Release Notes.
- Lens & Visualizations
- Adds the waffle visualization type to Lens #119339
- Adds the gauge visualization type to Lens #118616
- Adds multi terms support to Top Values in Lens #118600
- Adds a new heatmap implementation with elastic-charts to Visualize Library #118338
- Adds the Mosaic or mekko visualization type to Lens #117668
- Adds the ability to configure the Metric visualization type color palette in Lens #116170
- Machine Learning
- Support suggesting index templates v2 #124655
- Console now supports autocompletion for index templates and component templates introduced in Elasticsearch 7.8.0.
- Transforms: Support to set destination ingest pipeline #123911
- Transforms: Adds reset action to transforms management #123735
- Transforms: Support for terms agg in pivot configurations #123634
For more information about the features introduced in 8.1.0, refer to What’s new in 8.1.