Discover displays your documents in table format, so you can best explore your data. Resize columns, set row height, perform multi-column sorting, compare data, and more.
Reorder and resize columnsedit
Use drag and drop to organize the columns and improve the view of the data.
- To move a single column, click its header. In the dropdown menu, click Move left or Move right.
- To move multiple columns, click Columns. In the pop-up, drag the column names to their new order.
- To resize a column, drag the right edge of the column header until the column is the width that you want.
Column widths are stored with a saved search. When you visualize saved searches on dashboards, the saved search appears the same as in Discover.
Adjust row heightedit
To set the row height to 1 or more lines, or automatically adjust the height to fit the contents, click the row height icon .
Sort your data by one or more fields, in ascending or descending order. The default sort is based on the time field, from new to old.
To add or remove a sort on a single field, click the column header, and then select the sort order.
To sort by multiple fields:
In the document table, click the field sorted option.
To add more fields to the sort, select from the dropdown menu.
By default, columns are sorted in the order they are added.
- To change the sort order, select a field in the pop-up, and then drag it to the new location.
Narrow your results to a subset of documents to easily compare the data of interest.
- Select the documents you want to compare.
Click the documents selected option, and then select Show selected documents only.
Dive into an individual document to inspect its fields, set filters, and view the documents that occurred before and after it.
Click the expand icon .
- In the Table view, scan through the fields and their values, or search for a field by name.
When you find a field of interest, click in the Actions column to:
- Filter the results to include or exclude specific fields or values.
- Toggle the field in or out the document table.
- Pin the field so it stays at the top.
- To navigate to the next and previous documents, click the < and > arrows at the top of the view.
To create a view of the document that you can bookmark and share, click Single document.
The link is valid for the time the document is available in Elasticsearch. To create a customized view of the document, you can create your own plugin.
To view documents that occurred before or after the event you are looking at, click Surrounding documents.
Documents are displayed using the same set of columns as the Discover view from which the context was opened. The filters you applied are also carried over. Pinned filters remain active, while other filters are copied in a disabled state.
View documents in fullscreenedit
To view as much data as possible and eliminate distractions, click the fullscreen icon in the document table.
Configure the number of documents displayededit
By default, the document table displays 100 rows per page. To change this number, click Rows per page.