WARNING: Version 6.1 of Kibana has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
Timelion is a time series data visualizer that enables you to combine totally independent data sources within a single visualization. It’s driven by a simple expression language you use to retrieve time series data, perform calculations to tease out the answers to complex questions, and visualize the results.
For example, Timelion enables you to easily get the answers to questions like:
- How many pages does each unique user view over time?
- What’s the difference in traffic volume between this Friday and last Friday?
- What percent of Japan’s population came to my site today?
- What’s the 10-day moving average of the S&P 500?
- What’s the cumulative sum of all search requests received in the last 2 years?
You might also be interested in these tutorial videos: