WARNING: Version 4.1 of Kibana has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
- Pull Request 2518: You can pin filters to make the filter persist across Kibana functionality, from the Visualize tab to Discover to a Dashboard.
- Pull Request 2731: Field formatting options now supported in Settings.
- Pull Request 3154: New chart: Bubble chart, derived from the basic line chart.
- Pull Request 3212: You can now install Kibana on Linux with a package manager such as
- Pull Request 3271 and 3262: New aggregations: IPv4 and Date range aggregations enable you to specify buckets for these qualities.
- Pull Request 3290: You can select a time interval for the Discover display of time series data.
- Pull Request 3470: New metric: Percentile ranks.
- Pull Request 3573: Kibana objects (visualizations, dashboards, and searches) can be imported and exported.
- Pull Request 3830: New chart: Heatmap, a tile map display variant.
- Pull Request 3164: You can now store a specific time range with a dashboard.
- Pull Request 3233: New Y axis scale options, log scale and square root scale.
- Pull Request 3237: Date Histogram bucket aggregation now supports custom intervals, from seconds to years.
- Pull Request 3273: Line smoothing for for line and area charts.
- Pull Request 3464: You can now specify the extent of the Y axis for charts.
- Pull Request 3526: You can add columns to Discover’s list of results directly from an entry’s table of fields.
- Pull Request 3671: Tile maps now support latitude/longitude filtering.
- Pull Request 3800: You can now pause auto-refresh on a dashboard.
- Fixes XSS vulnerability (CVE pending) - Thanks to Vladimir Ivanov for responsibly reporting.
- Pull Request 5418: Fixes fatal error in Firefox when attempting to overwrite an index pattern.
- Pull Request 5509: Prevents exception on discover panel when using non-time-based patterns.
- Pull Request 5576: Improves Elasticsearch version verification.
- Pull Request 5639: Fixes xsrf-token-related fatal error when server restarts.