Kibana is a great tool for real time data analytics and simply being on this page has put you on your way to making the most of it! If you have not downloaded Kibana yet, you can get it here: Download Kibana. We recommend you start this tutorial with a clean Elasticsearch instance.
By the end of this document you will have:
- Imported some data
- Tried out the sample dashboard
- Searched your data
- Configured Kibana to point only at your new index instead of all indices
We will assume you have already:
- Installed Elasticsearch on your workstation
- Have webserver installed on your workstation and have the distribution extracted into the configured document root.
- You are familiar with the UNIX command line and have used