Review important information about the Fleet and Elastic Agent 7.13.x releases.
Breaking changes can prevent your application from optimal operation and performance. Before you upgrade, review the breaking changes, then mitigate the impact to your application.
Remove Elastic Agent routes and related services from Kibana and implement them in Fleet Server
Invalidate API keys for existing agents
The existing agents in Kibana are not migrated as part of the migration to Fleet. For more information, refer to #95789.
The existing agent API keys are invalidated and display as
Inactive on the Agents page.
fleet_enroll role and user no longer needed and should be removed
fleet_enroll role and user are no longer needed for central management
of Elastic Agents in Kibana.
If the role and user were set up in a previous release, remove them now to avoid them being orphaned in the cluster. #98745
Elastic Agents unenrolling from a self-managed Fleet Server hang at "Updating" and API keys are not invalidated
In Kibana, when you unenroll an Elastic Agent from a self-managed Fleet Server, the status may hang at "Updating". This problem only occurs with Elastic Agents connecting to a Fleet Server started with a service token.
You must do a force unenroll to remove the Elastic Agent and invalidate the API keys, or unenrollment hangs indefinitely. #380
- Hide Fleet Server policies in standalone agent instructions #98787
- Adds troubleshooting link to setup instructions #98531
- Adds ability to specify which integration variables should be configurable #97163
- Configure Fleet packages and integrations through endpoint #94509
- Adds submitOnBlur functionality to QueryStringInput #93819
- Correctly parse falsy YAML fields in agent policy integrations #95966
- Match telemetry key names to UI agent states #95567
- Ignore inactive agents when removing a policy #94311
- Correctly track install status of an integration #93464
- Fix default integration name when adding 10+ names #93278
- Prevent duplicate enrollment token names #92735
Set all keyword and text fields for
index.query.default_fieldindex template setting #91791