Upgrading to Enterprise Search 8.2.0? See Upgrading & migrating.
- Create App Search engines based on an existing Elasticsearch index using the Engines API (technical preview).
- Query App Search engines using an Elasticsearch query with the new Elasticsearch query passthrough API (technical preview).
View the underlying Elasticsearch query that App Search would use when performing a search.
See the new
search_explainAPI (technical preview).
- Audit usage of Enterprise Search with the new audit logging feature.
login_assistance_messageconfiguration setting has been removed. This setting applied to the Enterprise Search standalone UI, which was removed in version 8.0.0.
debuglevel logging now reports file download attempts and successes for content extraction and thumbnailing.
- Use the SharePoint Online connector package (beta) to deploy and run a SharePoint Online connector on your own infrastructure.
- Use the Enterprise Search SharePoint Server connector package (General availability) to deploy and run a SharePoint Server connector on your own infrastructure.
- Use the Elastic Enterprise Search network drives connector package (beta) to deploy and run a network drive connector on your own infrastructure.
- Configure partial crawls in the App Search web crawler UI.
- Manage indexing rules in the Workplace Search UI.
- Set up one-click monitoring for your Enterprise Search deployment on Elastic Cloud.
- The Enterprise Search API now allows the request-time option to opt-out of analytics.
- Meta Engines are now available for Basic subscriptions.
- The Confluence Cloud connector and Jira Cloud connector were updated to restore full compatibility with these Atlassian services. Enterprise Search versions 8.1.2 and 8.1.1 are incompatible due to a series of Atlassian API changes.
- Fixed migration problem when upgrading from 7.12 to 7.17 and then to 8.0.
- Adaptive Relevance suggestions are created correctly for Meta Engines.
App Search users with
editorroles do not have access to the web crawler.