IMPORTANT: No additional bug fixes or documentation updates will be released for this version. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
The indices module controls index-related settings that are globally managed for all indices, rather than being configurable at a per-index level.
Available settings include:
- Circuit breaker
- Circuit breakers set limits on memory usage to avoid out of memory exceptions.
- Fielddata cache
- Set limits on the amount of heap used by the in-memory fielddata cache.
- Node query cache
- Configure the amount of heap used to cache queries results.
- Indexing buffer
- Control the size of the buffer allocated to the indexing process.
- Shard request cache
- Control the behaviour of the shard-level request cache.
- Control the resource limits on the shard recovery process.
- Search Settings
- Control global search settings.