You are looking at documentation for an older release. Not what you want? See the current release documentation.
To manually reindex your old indices with the
- Create a new index and copy the mappings and settings from the old index.
- Set the
0for efficient reindexing.
- Reindex all documents from the old index into the new index using the reindex API.
- Reset the
number_of_replicasto the values used in the old index.
- Wait for the index status to change to
In a single update aliases request:
- Delete the old index.
- Add an alias with the old index name to the new index.
- Add any aliases that existed on the old index to the new index.