WARNING: Version 6.2 of Elasticsearch has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
The indices module controls index-related settings that are globally managed for all indices, rather than being configurable at a per-index level.
Available settings include:
- Circuit breaker
- Circuit breakers set limits on memory usage to avoid out of memory exceptions.
- Fielddata cache
- Set limits on the amount of heap used by the in-memory fielddata cache.
- Node query cache
- Configure the amount heap used to cache queries results.
- Indexing buffer
- Control the size of the buffer allocated to the indexing process.
- Shard request cache
- Control the behaviour of the shard-level request cache.
- Control the resource limits on the shard recovery process.