- The mapper attachments plugin has been deprecated in elasticsearch 5.0 and is now removed. You can use ingest attachment plugin instead.
- The bucket an s3 repository is configured with will no longer be created automatically. It must exist before the s3 repository is created.
- Support for specifying s3 credentials through environment variables and
system properties has been removed. Use the
elasticsearch-keystoretool to securely store the credentials.
- Specifying region has been removed. This includes the settings
repositories.s3.region, and specifying region inside the repository settings. Instead, specify the full endpoint if a custom s3 location is needed, or rely on the default behavior which automatically locates the region of the configured bucket.
- Specifying s3 signer type has been removed, including
- Global repositories settings have been removed. This includes
repositories.s3.path_style_access. Instead, these settings should be set directly in the settings per repository. See S3 Repository settings.
- Shared client settings have been removed. This includes
repositories.s3.protocol. Instead, use the new named client settings under
path_style_accesssetting has been removed. The repository will use the appropriate path style access based on the configured endpoint.
- The container an azure repository is configured with will no longer be created automatically. It must exist before the azure repository is created.
- Global repositories settings you are able to set in elasticsearch config file under
repositories.azurename space have been removed. This includes
repositories.azure.compress. You must set those settings per repository instead. Respectively
compress. See Azure Repository settings.
service_accountsetting has been removed. A service account json credential file must now be specified in the elasticsearch keystore.
- Specifying ec2 signer type has been removed, including
- The region setting has been removed. This includes the settings
cloud.aws.ec2.region. Instead, specify the full endpoint.
cloud.aws.ec2.*settings have been removed. Use
Previous versions of Elasticsearch would skip hidden files and directories when scanning the plugins folder. This leniency has been removed.
The icu4j library has been upgraded to 59.1, Indices created in the previous major version will need to be reindexed in order to return correct (and correctly ordered) results, and to take advantage of new characters.
Previously, plugins could construct an
Environment instance from
discover the path to plugin-specific config files. This will no longer work in
all situations as the
Settings object does not carry the necessary information
for the config path to be set correctly. Instead, plugins that need to know the
config path should have a single constructor that accepts a pair of
Path instances, and construct an
Environment using the corresponding