WARNING: Version 6.1 of Elasticsearch has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
To manually reindex your old indices with the
- Create a new index and copy the mappings and settings from the old index.
- Set the
0for efficient reindexing.
- Reindex all documents from the old index into the new index using the reindex API.
- Reset the
number_of_replicasto the values used in the old index.
- Wait for the index status to change to
In a single update aliases request:
- Delete the old index.
- Add an alias with the old index name to the new index.
- Add any aliases that existed on the old index to the new index.