WARNING: Version 2.4 of Elasticsearch has passed its EOL date.
This documentation is no longer being maintained and may be removed. If you are running this version, we strongly advise you to upgrade. For the latest information, see the current release documentation.
Each document has metadata associated with it, such as the
_id meta-fields. The behaviour of some of these meta-fields
can be customised when a mapping type is created.
The index to which the document belongs.
A composite field consisting of the
The document’s mapping type.
The document’s ID.
- A catch-all field that indexes the values of all other fields.
- All fields in the document which contain non-null values.
- A timestamp associated with the document, either specified manually or auto-generated.
- How long a document should live before it is automatically deleted.
- Application specific metadata.