You are looking at documentation for an older release. Not what you want? See the current release documentation.
Compound queries wrap other compound or leaf queries, either to combine their results and scores, to change their behaviour, or to switch from query to filter context.
The queries in this group are:
- A query which wraps another query, but executes it in filter context. All
matching documents are given the same “constant”
- The default query for combining multiple leaf or compound query clauses, as
shouldclauses have their scores combined — the more matching clauses, the better — while the
filterclauses are executed in filter context.
- A query which accepts multiple queries, and returns any documents which match
any of the query clauses. While the
boolquery combines the scores from all matching queries, the
dis_maxquery uses the score of the single best- matching query clause.
- Modify the scores returned by the main query with functions to take into account factors like popularity, recency, distance, or custom algorithms implemented with scripting.
- Return documents which match a
positivequery, but reduce the score of documents which also match a
- Execute one query for the specified indices, and another for other indices.
- Synonyms for the
- Combine a query clause in query context with another in filter context.
Deprecated in 2.0.0-beta1.
- Limits the number of documents examined per shard.