The ingest plugins extend Elasticsearch by providing additional ingest node capabilities.
The core ingest plugins are:
- Ingest Attachment Processor Plugin
- The ingest attachment plugin lets Elasticsearch extract file attachments in common formats (such as PPT, XLS, and PDF) by using the Apache text extraction library Tika.
- Ingest Geoip Processor Plugin
The GeoIP processor adds information about the geographical location of IP addresses, based on data from the Maxmind databases. This processor adds this information by default under the
The ingest-geoip plugin ships by default with the GeoLite2 City and GeoLite2 Country geoip2 databases from Maxmind made available under the CCA-ShareAlike 3.0 license. For more details see, http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoip2/geolite2/.
- Ingest user agent processor plugin
- A processor that extracts details from the User-Agent header value.